Reasons to come
Points for New Team Racing Nations and Mixed Nations Teams.
1. Team racing is an exciting and fun discipline of the sport, helping to get more people sailing more often.
2. The team racing world’s format allows teams of different experience to have close tactical racing with teams of their equivalent level.
3. Involvement in the event is a great training opportunity. Team race tactics are often used in Olympic medal races.
4. The organising committee is highly experienced and keen to help.
5. The venue is a superb. It is a very attractive large facility with open water. Rutland is close to London and a good location for any tourist activity before and after the event.
6. The event is very good value. There is a wide choice of accommodation from camping to comfortable hotels.
7. The boats used are high quality and simple to sail. Some training is provided. Lots of races each day allows for plenty of race debriefs and discussion.
8. The entry options will include the option of mixed country teams – see the Notice of Race.
9. The use of three versus three boat team racing and the large sailing area means that good boat speed will be rewarded in addition to good tactics.
10. Advice service available to help look at options for team selection and training – please ask.
Points for Established Team Racing Nations:
1. Highly experienced organising committee means that it will be a superb Championship with worthy World Champions.
2. Open water venue with fabulous, internationally recognised race area: perfect for team racing.
3. High quality, matched Firefly dinghies supplied.
4. Good value range of food and accommodation options. (Camping next to club / hotel 1km away)
5. Logistics support – please ask for advice including on tourism.
6. Great atmosphere with balcony viewing of the sailing area and race commentary.
7. Top level competition at a top level venue guarantees a solid week of intense fun racing.